Monday, July 1, 2013

Mother's Day Soiree

  I love being a mother more than anything. There are so many amazing woman in my life that taught me what being a good mother is. From my own mother to my lovely grandmother and two precious aunts who are the definition of the word. I knew I wanted to do something special for them as well as the other mothers in our area. I decided to host a Mother's Day Soiree. My source of inspiration for this set up was based on a single quote that I love.  "A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." The quote showcases the selflessness that resides in a mothers heart and I wanted this to be an event where mothers were honored and didnt have to sacrifice pie ..or any other sweet for that matter ;) I also had Danielle McCann Photography come and capture Mommy & Me sessions so our guests would have a nice keepsake from the event. I went with a soft color palette and the decor primarily had a shabby chic feel. This event will also be featured in the upcoming issue of Party Style Magazine :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Lauren this is beautiful!! Where do you find these gorgeous props! I scour thrift shops and flea markets and never come across beauties like these. The attendees must have been thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Lovely! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete